Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not a lot to say...

... about yesterday that hasn't been said already, but
  • I thought it was a really neat day to witness, even from afar
  • I thought he spoke beautifully, both at the ceremony and in his various speeches through the evening
  • The First Lady is FIERCE
  • I wonder what was said in the helicopter on the way to Texas
  • Aretha's hat was a wonder to behold, and I could not pull it off in a million years
  • It is a powerful thing to see people inspired
The time has come to set aside childish things.
...
In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come. Let it be said by our children's children that when we were tested, we refused to let this journey end, that we did not turn back, nor did we falter; and with eyes fixed on the horizon and God's grace upon us, we carried forth that great gift of freedom and delivered it safely to future generations.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I wish I could fly off to Texas and not give a damn too!!!!!

Crimson Rambler said...

I want to know what was in the note #43 left for #44...