Monday, October 29, 2007

Weekend Miscellaneous

Monday morning... at my desk trying to get my mind around the to do list for this week. I'm going to a conference in the US on Saturday, so the list is longer than I'm willing to accept at this early hour of the week. And for some reason, my coffee doesn't taste very good. Harumph...

Anyway... bits and pieces that have been kicking around in the blogging part of my mind this weekend...

1) Wonder Hubby and I managed to install our over-the-stove microwave on Saturday, AND WE DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT. The new appliance is very fun, and even has pre-programmable settings. WH has already programmed in the "defrost my bagel" setting...

2) We carved pumpkins last night. WH went for the classic jack o'lantern look, with great success. He carves a good pumpkin! I went for complicated - printed a stencil of a ghost from the internet, taped it to the pumpkin, poked holes along all the lines, and cut out all the pieces very carefully. Mine looks like crap. Oh well, in my experience, when you put the candle in it, pumpkins are a pretty forgiving art forms.

3) This is our first Halloween in our house, and we're irrationally excited to give candy out to the kiddies in the neighbourhood. Whee!!

4) The Bo-Sox whupped the Colorado Rockies up one side and down the other in a most determined fashion. Too bad; it would have been nice to see a good competitive series. That's true of most of this year's postseason. It's been a very unexciting October, with the exception of the Boston - Cleveland series.

Now, back to that list...

1 comment:

Crimson Rambler said...

mmmmmmmm Boston....mmmmmmm David Ortiz....mmmmmmmm Manny Ramirez....mmmm (are you annoyed yet?)