Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving (the Canadian edition) Everybody!

We've had a lovely weekend so far! We worked around the house and yard yesterday, and then went to see Daniel Taylor and Dame Emma Kirkby in concert last night, singing a variety of Arias and Duets from Handel's oratorios and operas. One of the best concerts I have EVER been to.

This morning, we celebrated Harvest Thanksgiving at church and then came home to put the turkey in the oven, peel the potatoes, make the stuffing, string the beans, toast the almonds, make the pie, whip the cream, open the wine, etc. Everything turned out well!!

WH has gone to bed, and I'm heading that way soon too. Tomorrow is a day off too, and I'm hoping to get some pretty major cleaning and sorting around the house. After sleeping in, of course.

Today, I'm thankful for so much, too much to list here. Hope that all have had a restful weekend, whether it's a holiday for you or not!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oooh...Emma Kirkby is just the best...I love that voice so much (though I've not heard her live for many a year, I once sang in the choir for a Mozart Requiem for which she was the soloist, and had to fill in her spots at pre concert rehearsals - which meant I got to meet her, in all my 20 year old awe-struckness...and she was lovely)
Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Enjoy your Monday too :-)

Julie said...

Thanksgiving is my very most favorite holiday of the whole year. There's something about the food, the family, the fall weather, the smell of pumpkin...Mmmmmmm. Enjoy your day! :)

ccw said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving!