Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Quick Game of Bloggy Catch-Up

  • I had a nice birthday. Thank you for all your kind messages!
  • MU and EB and I accompanied the family cat on her last journey to the vet on Monday, which was a sad but peaceful kind of a process. She was a fairly terrific age and in some significant discomfort, so there was solace in seeing her at rest. You can read about her here and here.
  • Baseball playoffs start in earnest today, and how excited am I for CUBS VS DODGERS!! Very excited, is the answer.
  • We are home tonight, for once, and hoping to get the yard cleaned up and the patio stuff put away and the garden pulled. The weather in Prairie City is currently BEAUTIFUL, so it's a good week to get that work done.
  • At some point this evening, our real estate agent is going to stop by to have a look at the house and give us his assessment of what work needs to be done in order to give us the best chance of selling the property. I like our real estate agent; he's a good man.
  • Work is insanely busy right now, so I should get back to it.

1 comment:

Patrick C said...

I think an all-Chicago WS would be great fun!

I also think a Milwaukee-Tampa Bay WS would be fun, if only to listen to the anguished screams of the TV execs... ;)