Sunday, November 4, 2007

Away from Home

Well, made it safely to Big City, USA yesterday in what turned out to be an exceptionally easy travel day. Found my hotel without a problem, found dinner without a problem, found the shopping district without a problem... and slept for 11 hours last night, which was lovely.

Through the powers of the internet, I'm able to keep quite good contact with WH while I'm here, which makes it seem like I'm not so far away. It also means that I can post a blog entry or two, when I can find a minute.

The conference doesn't really start until later this afternoon... I'll wander down and find the registration table at some point today, and maybe take another walk through downtown. Then we have a new members reception, an opening plenary and an opening reception. Then in to the full swing of things tomorrow!

I'm the only representative, that I know of, from Colourful U. here this week. This will challenge me to be outgoing, and introduce myself to people, and network... ... ... none of these are things I do naturally, or all that well, but I'll give it my best!

No comments: