Monday, December 17, 2007

Laryngitis on a Monday Morning

So Friday morning I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat. I stayed home from work,hoping to get a head-start on feeling better by taking a rest day. Saturday showed no real change - still sore, but not serious. Sunday, I woke up with barely any voice at all, and today is worse. So much for my cunning recovery plan. A little laryngitis, anyone? So I'm at work today, trying to catch up from things I missed on Friday, but I'm not feeling very good about it.

The sore throat aside, we got a lot of our Christmas preparation done this weekend. The tree went up and got decorated, we finished most of the baking (only one kind of cookie left to go), and WH is at the mall this morning, fighting the crowds and finishing his shopping. I only have a few things left to get. We need to think a little bit about one last grocery shop before the weekend, but other than that and the little bit of shopping left to do, we're in pretty good shape.

Last night was our annual Church Choir Christmas Party. It's my favourite party of the whole year. The same couple host every year, and they put on an absolutely scrumptious dinner for all choristers and their spouses. After dinner, there is rambunctious carol singing. The party is always a GREAT time. Three years ago, at this part, I had far too much to drink. So did Church Choir's conductor. We were both being driven home by a mutual friend, and on the ride home we held hands for the very first time. Two and a half years later, I married him.

Romantic, eh?

No comments: