Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oh Dear...

So this was the scene on my way to work this morning at Very Busy Intersection on my route. I witnessed the scene unfold, but was not part of it, which I'm grateful for.

So, Car A is heading west straight through the intersection, Car B is turning left from the other direction to go north. I'm not sure how late Car A was, whether the light was yellow or red or what, but Car A and Car B ran into each other. The accident was not serious, as they made contact right on their respective noses, but enough to scratch. The driver of Car B, who was HUGE, screamed at the driver of Car A to back up, because both cars were now blocking oncoming traffic heading north. So Car A backed up, at which point Car B took off. (Bastard)

Car A was able to back up enough to let the oncoming traffic past her, which was good, but as we've all experienced, it's never a good feeling to have your nose even slightly protruding into a busy intersection. So understandably, when her light turned green, the driver of Car A put the gas pedal right down to the floor.

Except she was still in reverse.

So she charged backwards at a high rate of speed, right into the car behind her. SMASH.

This, I think, is a clear sign that once the situation is resolved, you should just go home and go back to bed.

6 comments:

Stealthy Dachshund said...

Hmmm, keep your eyes peeled for 'witness wanted' signs at that one! What a terrible feeling that must have been for the poor driver

Crimson Rambler said...

and OH so easy to do. Poor woman.

Julie said...

That's awful! I just don't understand how a person can just drive away like that and not take responsibility. Some people should not be allowed to drive!

Patrick C said...

"Oh dear" indeed. Hopefully somebody caught Car B's plate number...

ccw said...

Poor woman! I hope someone can help identify the other car. It amazes me that people can be so insensitive and rude.

Kathryn said...

What does it say about me that I almostlaughed (albeit with a degree of ruefulness)...Could so "see it coming" as you wrote. Oh, poor lady, - rotten rotten morning!