Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Five: Word Association

This morning we have a word association Friday Five, courtesy of Singing Owl at the Revgalblogpals.

1. rooftop
When I think rooftops, I think Italy. Rome, to be precise, and the rooftop of the hotel that Maternal Unit and I stayed in when we arrived in Rome. The rooftop had a garden, and a beautiful little sitting area, and a most spectacular view of the city. Sigh.

2. gritty
WH and I have been moving top soil this summer (he really, more than I), and gritty makes me think of how my shoes felt (and still feel) with top soil crumbs in them.

3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words)
Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head

But at night it's a different world
Go out and find a girl
Come-on come-on and dance all night
Despite the heat it'll be alright


And babe, don't you know it's a pity
That the days can't be like the nights
In the summer, in the city
In the summer, in the city

4. night
I love that moment when night falls and you realize that the only thing you have left to do that particular day is go to bed. And you crawl under the covers and relax, sometimes for the first time that day, and know that soon, you'll sleep.

5. dance
I dance while I brush my teeth. That's probably all you need to know about that.

9 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Ah, nice play! Number four, ah, I love that moment too.

Crimson Rambler said...

excellent play! ((chorus))

Rachel said...

Dance. Just makes me smile thinkin' of it. Great play.

Muthah+ said...

I guess what I do when I brush my teeth is dance--but I doubt if others would think that.

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, and number five sounds like a really good idea!

Julie said...

Great play. I love that falling asleep moment, too. Have a great weekend!

Processing Counselor said...

I like different ways people dance!

Jan said...

I love your answers (and colors). I almost burst into song!

Sue said...

I love that you dance when you brush your teeth. That makes you even cooler than I already know you are.