Friday, June 27, 2008

A Summer Reading Friday Five

This week, then, a Summer Reading Friday Five from Songbird at the Revgals.

1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not?

Yes! Not having rehearsals in the evenings and the long hours of sunlight make it especially a good time to read. Finding enough time to read is always a struggle for me, but it seems easier in the summer!

2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?

You know, I don't think I have! But I sure would like to!

3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?

There is a wonderful Canadian author of children's chapter books named Bernice Thurman Hunter. I could read her books over and over and over again.

4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?

A favourite genre, and a favourite author! When I'm looking for something quick and silly, I read detective novels by Robert Parker.

5) What is the next book on your reading list?

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh! I have that Hosseini book, unread. Thanks for the reminder!

Diane M. Roth said...

Oh, the Hosseini book is on my list too. OUr book club liked the first one so much. Let me know what you think!

Jan said...

I want to find out more about Bernice Thurman Hunter.