Monday, April 28, 2008

In which Chorus Has a Nightmare

Fuseli's The Nightmare 1781

On Saturday night, I had a nightmare, and it was a doozy. I often have very realistic dreams, and in the dreams themselves, I struggle to discern what is real and what isn't. In this particular case, I dreamt that I woke up, and I could hear somebody in the house. And as as the person walked through the house looking for me, the lights in each room were turned on, and then turned off, one at a time. That's all I remember, other than being completely paralyzed with fear.

Not. fun.

In other middle-of-the-night-related news, WH (he's back!!) and I were woken up last night by the soft, dulcid tones of Mama Cat playing the piano. (Pling! Plong! Meow!) I think that had I been by myself, it probably would have scared the pants off me, but as it was, it was very funny.

It is entirely delightful to have my husband home again!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Sorry about the nightmare. Sounds way too vivid. Glad your husband is back, esp. since you had the nightmare. Have a better day today.

Crimson Rambler said...

take note of what you ate before bedtime...said she, on a totally banal note.

Patrick C said...

Mama Cat is quite the musical creature, isn't she!

Diane M. Roth said...

oh, I hate those nightmares. but the kitty on the piano ... delightful.